Name: Diane Dumas | Phone Number: 204-853-7582
The Springfield Services to Seniors office is located at the Springfield Community Library, 60 024 Highway 206 ~ just north of Highway 15
Office hours: Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Springfield Services to Seniors provides ongoing support services to assist seniors or those physically challenged to maintain or enhance their independent lifestyle.
Programs and services available:
The Driver Escort Program provides transportation to medical appointments, recreational events or shopping.
- The Handi-Helper Service is designed to provide fee-for-service workers at reasonable rates to assist with Housecleaning, Yardwork, Snowclearing and Minor Home Repairs.
- Friendly Visiting or Friendly Phone Calls can provide those who are shut-in or lonely with companionship and support.
- Foot Clinics are held either monthly or bi-monthly at all five Senior lodges in Springfield. An in-house clinic is also held for the residents of Oak North Condos. Home visits are provided as needed.
- Lifeline is a personal response system that is there for you, when others can’t be. It can provide that extra peace of mind that you and your loved ones may need, enabling you to continue to live independently in your own home. Assistance is just a push of a button away 24 hours a day/7 days a week.
- Emergency Response Information Kits (E.R.I.K.â) contain all necessary information that would be required by emergency personnel should medical emergencies arise.
- Assistance with Completion of Forms is available on request.
- Springfield Volunteer Income Tax Program is available.
- Home or Community Visits are available on request.
- Seniors Information is available on request.
- Referrals are made to other community service organizations as required.
- Health and Wellness Events are arranged as needed or requested on issues pertinent to Seniors needs.
- Volunteer and Fee-for-service opportunities are always available!
- Senior Shopping Trips 1st and 3rd Friday of the month $5.00 per person
- Seniors Exercise Programs
- Chair Yoga
- Zumba Gold
- Pickleball in Oakbank
October 2018 Springfield Seniors Community Events Calendar