Name: Diane Dumas, Community Resource Coordinator
Phone Number: 204-444-3139
Springfield Services to Seniors provides ongoing support services to assist seniors or those physically challenged to maintain or enhance their independent lifestyle.
Programs and services available to community members 55 and over:
- The Driver Escort Program provides transportation to medical appointments, recreational events or shopping. There is a fee required to cover transportation costs.
- The Handi-Helper Service is designed to provide fee-for-service workers at reasonable rates to assist with Housecleaning, Yardwork, Snowclearing and Minor Home Repairs.
- Friendly Visiting or Friendly Phone Calls can provide those who are shut-in or lonely with companionship and support.
- Foot Clinics are held either monthly or bi-monthly at the senior lodges in Springfield. A in-house clinics is also held for the residents of Dugald Estates. Home visits are available upon requested.
- Lifeline is a personal response system that is there for you, when others cannot be. It can provide that extra peace of mind that you and your loved ones may need, enabling you to continue to live independently in your own home. Assistance is just a push of a button away 24 hours a day/7 days a week.
- Emergency Response Information Kits (E.R.I.K. ®) contain all necessary information that would be required by emergency personnel should medical emergencies arise.
- Assistance with Completion of Forms is available on request.
- Springfield Volunteer Income Tax Program is available.
- Home or Community Visits are available on request.
- Seniors Information is available on request.
- Referrals are made to other community service organizations as required.
- Health and Wellness Events are arranged as needed or requested on issues pertinent to seniors needs.
- Volunteer and Fee-for-Service opportunities are always available!
- Senior Shopping Trips 1st and 3rd Friday of the month $5.00 per person
- There is a wide variety of exercise options available in Springfield. Current listings are on the calendar below or call the office at 204-444-3139 for information.
Looking for a gentle exercise option while social distancing? Check out this chair yoga video by the ReFit Centre